Sliding Fee Scale Program
Med Centro® accepts all patients, regardless of their insurance status or ability to pay. The purpose of the Sliding Fee Scale (SFS) is to establish the payment limits and / or discounts that will be imposed on patients for the health services provided, taking into account their ability to pay.
Any person who wants to apply for the SFS must be a registered patient of Med Centro.
All patients must bring the following documents to request SFS:
- Identification card with photo
- Copy of the medical plan card
- Evidence of annual income: income tax return. If you do not file a return, negative letter from the Department of the Treasury.
- If you are unemployed, evidence of Social Security, unemployment, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, Child Support, retirement pension.
- Evidence of postal and residential address: electricity or water services bill.
- If you were denied the Government Health Plan card (Reforma) you must present the MA-10.
We offer the Sliding Fee Scale to all income-eligible uninsured or underinsured patients, based on annual household income, for most services.
For an evaluation that determines your eligibility or for more information visit our Sliding Fee Scale officer located at Ponce Main Site Building # 8 #1034 Hostos Ave. Ponce, P.R. or call 787-843-9393 ext. 1083.